Broncos and the Raiders . . .

Several months ago, I sat acroos the table from a young woman whose eyes SPARKLED!  Beautiful blue, they danced with the light when she talked.

I guess maybe it was the subject matter.

Her beautiful blue eyes danced as she talked about Jeremy – her very best friend, her love, her finace.

She giggled and smiled.  She talked and shared.

I sat across from her, and as I listened to her, I felt as if I was watching a movie.

A great romance between two people who had known eachother since they were small –

I listened and watched their story unfold before me.  A story of a boy who loved to tease, of a first date, of ripped jeans, of courage, of laughter.

I got to hear about when Jeremy asked Kayla’s dad for his daughters hand in marriage.

A beautiful love story.

I left our short meeting wanting August 2011 to be here tomorrow.

Meet Kayla and Jeremy.

Montana Wedding PhotographyMontana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding PhotographyMontana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding Photography There was a time in my life, when I used to just take pictures.

In fact, in my first photography class, my instructor once introduced me to one of her colleagues as “the mama who just takes pictures of her kids.”

and she was right.

I did just like to take pictures – I wanted to remember those moments.

Now, though, it is different.

Montana Wedding Photography Now, with each frame – with each picture, there is a purpose.  Each picture is tied to the next to tell a story – to tell about the couple, the family, the new baby . . .

Now, when I am behind the camera, it is not soley about remembering a moment, but about creating one.

The brick wall, the new shoes, the tree, the creative angle, the clothes – they are all used to create a moment that expresses who you are.

And in that moment, it gives me, the photographer, a chance to capture unique candid moments that tell your love story.

Montana Wedding Photography It also allows us to have fun and show your real personalities.

THIS!

This is why I love engagement sessions.

Nothing is more fun or more inspiring that spending a few hours with a great couple, walking through the woods, through a park, through the streets of a ghost town or the city searching for “that place” that shows off the uniqueness of each couple.  When I am shooting, I am ALWAYS on the lookout – for SPICE!

Sometimes, though, I see the picture in my head – and don’t always think about what it will take to get it!

I asked Jeremy to go out first – to test the log and make sure it was safe for his sweet bride to be . . . Montana Wedding Photography

I seriously was laughing so hard, I couldn’t continue!  Poor Jeremy ~ I think Kayla was laughing at him the rest of the day!  (No, no . . . not AT him; WITH him!)

The rest of the session went smoothly, and I think that each one of these images – together – make up Kayla and Jeremy!

SUPER SWEET, fun, romantics, beautiful, kind, loving . . . they cherish one another.

When you are done looking at these images, be sure to see ALL of them by clicking here!

Montana Wedding Photography

Montana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding PhotographyMontana Wedding PhotographyMontana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding Photography I think this is my favorite series –

All morning, Kayla gave Jeremy this look – this look of adoration, the look that told him, and everyone, how proud she was of him and how proud she was to be his.

And this kiss – the one on her forehead – was a kiss that told her  . . . and anyone who saw it, that he was going to take care of her for the rest of his life!

And then THAT kiss – THAT kiss was going to show the world that they were in this life together . . . forever!

Montana Wedding Photography

Who would have thought that a football game is what decided the fate of these two . . .

a football game!

Montana Wedding Photography Sometimes the first date is the easy one – but the second date . . . now that says a little something about wanting to build a relationship – make a commitment.

This was something that Jeremy was not going to take lightly.

This was serious.

As serious as football.

So, the only logical way to decide if a second date was in order was to place a bet on the Raiders and Brocos game.

If the Raiders beat the Broncos, than Kayla would HAVE to go on another date with him.  BUT, if the Broncos won, then KAYLA could decide if a second date was in order . . .

Montana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding Photography Montana Wedding Photography thankfully, the Raiders won . . .

Montana Wedding Photography See a slideshow of all of Jeremy and Kayla’s Engagment pictures by clicking here!

1. Brenda Floreen

November 20th, 2010 at 5:15 pm

Congrats Kayla and Jeremy! The pictures are BEAUTIFUL! How will you ever choose one (or more) for the invitation? Love you both.
    Christina – you are truly talented…You have captured Kayla and Jeremy’s personalities! Thank you much.

2. kimi burt

November 21st, 2010 at 11:39 am

These pictures are AMAZING 🙂 I love how she tells the story throughout the photos! I love them you two look so happy and in love I am so HAPPY for the both of you <3 germaflo 😉

3. Taylor Floreen

November 21st, 2010 at 1:24 pm

HaHa my favorite is the one of Jeremy “very” gracefully falling into the creek.
    Every one of the picture are absolutely GORGEOUS! You did an amazing job capturing their true personalities and turning them into pictures they will cherish forever.
    Congrats Kayla and Jeremy! I can’t wait till the wedding day 🙂

4. Mike Kallas

November 21st, 2010 at 2:18 pm

Congrats Brudder and Sistu 🙂 love you two and your pictures are so awesome! It is easy to see how happy you both are in these photos.

5. Kayla Floreen

November 21st, 2010 at 6:07 pm

Thank you so so so much for our beautiful pictures. You are so talented….we love you and your work!!! : )

6. Jeremy Kallas

November 21st, 2010 at 6:08 pm

Thanks so much for everything, I love the photos..especially the one’s where I am falling in the creek!!

7. Katelyn

November 21st, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Kayla and Jeremy, Absolutely BEAUTIFUL pictures! I am so happy I will get to share the day with you both! Love you!

8. Colleen Safratowich

November 21st, 2010 at 11:17 pm

Congrats and all the best to you Jeremy and Kayla. You two are such a lovely couple. The pictures are awesome! These pictures are so beautiful and I can hardly wait to see your wedding pictures. There are so many great pictures it’s hard to chose which ones I like the best because I like them all. Christina did a wonderful job and I love the story she portrays of the two of you. Love you guys.

9. Al Faulkner

November 22nd, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Jeremy And Kayla your pictures are really nice it is a joy to watch and I know you two will be very happy together. Follow your gramma and granmpa’s lead you two will be married for long time. love you both and GRADULATIONS.

10. Micaul Bosch

November 22nd, 2010 at 4:23 pm

OMG!!! I love these pictures! You both look amazing!

11. Geri Faulkner

November 22nd, 2010 at 4:46 pm

Jeremy and Kayla What beautiful pictures! We are so proud of you two. Both of you really make a wonderful couple together. We can see the LOVE and HAPPINESS in your eyes. Both of you deserve the best.

12. Al Faulkner

November 22nd, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Jeremy and Kayla Your pictures were fantastic you guys really look good together. Follow our lead and you guys will be together long time. Love you both and CONGRADULATIONS

13. Lorr Safratowich

November 22nd, 2010 at 7:47 pm

Great pictures!! Very photogenic couple and great photographer results in beautiful pictures to be cherished forever. Nicely done.

14. Gaynelle Pechin

November 23rd, 2010 at 9:48 am

Thank you for a wonderful post. I enjoyed it.

15. Dan & Mary Lou Faulkner

November 23rd, 2010 at 9:19 pm

Awesome pictures!!! It is hard to pick a favorite, they all are great.

16. Michelle Kambich

November 23rd, 2010 at 11:12 pm

O Darling you look fantastic and so beautful! You two will be so happy together! Mazltoff

17. Morgan Bosch

November 23rd, 2010 at 11:13 pm

You and Jerm are the cutest damn couple i’ve ever seen!

18. Breezle

November 23rd, 2010 at 11:15 pm

I love the pictures…very cute 😉

19. Shelby N

November 26th, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I love the pictures!!!!<3 Kayla you look so gorgeous, and you two make the most adorable couple ever!

20. Pat and Bev Redmond

November 26th, 2010 at 9:39 pm

BEAUTIFUL Pictures for a BEAUTIFUL Couple. Congratulations…We Love You!

21. Ken and Jeanie Obritsch

November 26th, 2010 at 9:42 pm

WOW – What amazing pictures!

22. Keeley Floreen

November 27th, 2010 at 1:15 pm

ah 🙂 you guys are so dang cute! love you both!

p.s. wonderful photography job!!!

23. Keeley Floreen

November 27th, 2010 at 1:16 pm

o and the one where jerm is falling in the lake… priceless 🙂

24. Shelly Ryan

December 13th, 2010 at 11:43 am

Love the Pictures Kayla and Jeremy!! Congrats!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the big day!! Cutest couple I have ever seen. Love, Shelly Ryan

25. ebphoto | Photographe Mariage Bruxelles

December 30th, 2010 at 12:08 pm

Beautiful pictures! The couple is absolutely gorgeous and I love their smiles. Funny story about the Broncos vs. Raiders, it made me laugh. Thanks for sharing your inspiring work.

26. TDH Photography - Syracuse Wedding Photographer

January 16th, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Great engagement images. You are very talented.

27. Patchwork Photography – Wedding and Portrait Photographer » .. . .all because the Broncos lost . . .

September 2nd, 2011 at 3:05 pm

[…] because once – a long time a go – the Broncos lost to the Raiders.  You can read their engagement story here.  So […]